Even if you've had a puppy before, attending a class is hugely rewarding especially considering how fast we are learning new things about dogs and their development.
Puppy School is a UK network of training classes, with each course consisting of six one hour classes. The comprehensive programme has been carefully designed to take you through all the obedience basics giving you a good foundation for life with your new puppy or for any dog training sport you choose to do later.
The puppy training exercises gradually progress from easy to more complex, building on your puppy's understanding and reliability each week.
The course covers:
- Come when called.
- Sit, lie down and stand on cue.
- Walk on a loose lead without pulling.
- Get used to being handled and examined for vets and groomers.
- 'Stay', 'Settle' and 'Gentle’ (taking food from hands gently).
- Accept people near to food bowls, bones and chews.
- Stop play biting.
- Socialise with an adults, children, and other puppies attending class.
- Greet people appropriately without jumping up.
Puppies will be allowed to play in carefully controlled small groups to ensure they learn good manners around other puppies, do not get scared, and do not learn to play roughly or aggressively. Puppies will be matched for size, age, and experience, and play will be carefully supervised to ensure that all puppies learn to be confident with others.
We run Puppy School classes at the following venues...
Aylesbury - Hawkslade Community Centre on Monday evenings.
Haddenham - The Methodist Church on Tuesday evenings.
Puppy School is suitable for vaccinated puppies up to 20 weeks of age.
The 6 week course costs £76 and joiners also receive this fantastic box of goodies from Natures Menu!
Please don't hesitate to contact us for further details and to book.